- Karen Anand is considered something of a ‘food guru’ in India, influencing the way people eat and perceive food for the last 30 years and de-mystifying great cooking.
- Founder of Karen’s Gourmet Kitchen Pvt Ltd one of the first companies in India to produce gourmet food products.
- Karen is the founder of Markets by Karen Anand – a wholefoods market event which takes place in 8 cities in India.
- She is a restaurant consultant with several successful restaurant projects in India and abroad to her credit, the latest of which was the much acclaimed award winning Bombay café in London ‘Dishoom’.
- Karen has been writing extensively on the subject of food and wine for 30 years, has written several books like Good Food Good Living, Less is More, Men Can Cook, International Cooking, Lean Cuisine Curries and a series of 12 books called the Simple Cooking series. She has written for magazines such as Verve, Harpers’ Bazaar, Travel and Leisure, Taste and Travel, Lonely Planet, Good Housekeeping, Man’s World, Femina, BBC Good Food, Good Homes and Jet Wings. She was the first food editor for Elle Magazine India. She has had established columns in The Independent newspaper, Bombay Times, DNA, MINT (The Wall Street Journal, India ) and Pune Times. Her current columns include the Sunday Telegraph – Kolkata and the Luxe page in the Hindu Chennai
- Karen has had a food online presence since the early 90s.
- Karen hosted three TV shows, The Good Food Guide for Star TV in 1994, Cook na Kaho on Star One and Eating out on Trendmill for CNBC in 1996.